Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Job search musings

Just relocated my blog from wordpress.com to blogger. Blogger is far more user friendly. I don't have hours to spend laying out my format, only to have it stumble onto some html code that's in the wrong place in my post.
This doesn't seem to happen in Blogger. So here I am. New location, same senseless rantings.
Still seeking gainful employment. To date, I have submitted more than 300 resumes for a wide variety of positions. I have been to dozens of job interviews. Everyone I speak with has told me they received more than 100 resumes. These are professional positions with specific requirements. I was actually hired twice. The first time, I was told by the business manager that I had the job - an operations manager. Then, the owner told me he had fired the business manager, and had to reorganize but he was making a spot for me. Next thing I know he has frozen hiring and will not fill the position until the soft market sets up a bit. c-r-a-p.
Another position was frozen by corporate right after the local manager offered me the job.
In both cases they were solid jobs at good pay rates in fields where I had expertise.
I still believe that the economy would be much better if the media and government would shut up about how bad it is. But for me it continues to be real. The bills pour in, we juggle and stay in touch with our creditors trying to keep the wolves at the gate from getting in.
We try and not have it impact our daughter, but she's smart. She knows we are struggling. She offers to make sacrifices and in some cases she has.
I have to ask the government. Where is my stimulus package?

No comments:

Post a Comment